Episode 8 Harass Your Local Brewer
On this week’s episode, Ryan and Aaron welcome Aaron Goss and Steve Bauk from Carolina Malt House out of Cleveland, NC. They tell us about what a malt house does and how smaller, local, more artisanal malt houses are the future of where craft beer is going as it moves more into the overall locavore culture.
Here are the notes:
- 1:23 – Brewer’s Association releases new mission and vision statements and revises core values.
- 4:48 – Brewer’s Association releases Top 50 Craft Breweries by Volume.
- 7:40 – Maryland craft beer continues to spin its wheels as legislature votes down, state comptroller’s attempt to promote craft brewing in the state.
- 10:45 – Stillwater innovation project is announced.
- 11:18 – Constellation is the largest beverage provider in the world now.
- 12:03 – Heineken is buying into India and cashing out of China.
- 14:21 – Smuttynose Brewing has found a buyer.
- 15:53 – Interview with Aaron Goss and Steve Bauk from Carolina Malt House
- 37:56 – Beer Recommendation: Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
- Duck Rabbit has won 9 GABF medals – more than any other NC brewery.
- 40:32 – Beer Recommendation: B. Nektar Death Unicorn Black Currant Cider
- 42:36 – Beer Recommendation: Fiddlin’ Fish Black Mountain Chocolate Stout
- 43:39 – Beer Recommendation: New Sarum Bear’s Honey Basil Pale Ale
- 44:49 – Nonbeer Recommendation: A Wrinkle In Time
- 47:58 – Nonbeer Recommendation: Kilts!
Between The Pints would again like to thank Steve and Aaron for joining us this week. Between The Pints would also like to thank Hygge Coworking West for the use of the podcast studio. We would also like to thank Ryan Little for the use of his song kick,push as our opening and closing music.
Next week should be Beer Rep Bingo. We have three Charlotte-area beer brewery reps coming on to talk about how the industry has changed since they have been selling beer.