Episode 10: Taxes Are Bad and 750 lbs. of Beets
Guest – Andy Maben, New Sarum Brewing
Brew News Articles (1:30)
- This is why my brewery shut down – draftmag.com
- Blue Moon creator moves to cannabis beer – vinepair.com
- A craft brewer can sell out without being bought – vinepair.com
- Brewery business booming in S.C. thanks to last decade of pro-craft-beer laws
- Green Flash shutters their innovation brewery
- Dogfish releases new packaging format and expresses concern over low-cost craft beer
- Taproom sales increase 19% last year
- Industry growth at 5% volume, dollars at 8%, and record closures and openings both
- Louisiana trying to create a limited public drinking certification for 18-20-year-olds
Interview with Andy Maben of New Sarum Brewing (29:50).
During the interview, Andy discusses brewing the Lemon Balm and Beet Hoppy Wheat Ale that won gold at this past year’s Great American Beer Festival as well as his and his brewing team’s reaction to winning. He also touches on the challenges of being a brewery that sits between 2 major population centers (Charlotte and the Triad). Ryan and Aaron also sample some of Andy’s handy work and forget they are on the microphones.
Between The Pints would again like to thank Andy for joining us this week. We would also like to thank Hygge Coworking West for the use of the podcast studio. Finally, thank you to Ryan Little for the use of his song kick.push as our opening and closing music. Join us next week when will be joined by Travis Tolson of Amor Artis Brewing out of Fort Mill, SC.